First let me say I love babies and I'm sure when I have one I'll take him everywhere...but not to a blogging conference.**
When I saw all the babies in the lobby pre-conference I was all like totally okay w/ it b/c I figured their husbands or nannies were here to watch the kids while the conference went on. I was wrong.
There are babies everywhere, disrupting me. Well, not really but I just don't get why a mom would want to bring their baby to this thing...oh well....more drink tickets for me (as I assume most of these mom are breast feeders).
Anyway, I've met some really great ladies so far and gotten some really great tips on beefing up traffic, etc to my blog. so YAY.
I've also met Jen Lancaster not once, but twice. So now I have to stop bugging her. But at least I got to say hi and pass her my card. Sorry Tiff, but no picture. I feel like a stalker as it is...so I'm gonna keep it in my pants.
**If you're one of the women here w/ a baby and you're reading this don't take it personally I'm not a mom and could not possibly understand what it's like thus I judge. And yes you can laugh at me when I have a baby and write about taking him everywhere.
Also I heard the best quote ever from White Trash Mom. Apparently she accidentally sent a private twitter message, publicly that read "I would do him in a mall with my parents watching."
And frankly if there's a better way to describe a hottie, I don't know it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
so, have you been getting any free drink tix from these moms?
dude, i was just glad when people laughed and told me they had done stupid stuff like that too!
That last line is classic. It also creeps me out to think about it.
You know, I would never have brought my babies to a conference because honestly, with the first one? I couldn't walk two blocks to Osco to buy diapers without him needing to nurse. And letting the entire street know. Loudly. And this is even if I topped off his tank before we left the apartment.
So with my kids, basically I didn't go anywhere. We stayed home.
And that is what made me the internet goddess I am.
Post a Comment