Monday, February 16, 2009

Call me a gold digging whore if you want, but I would so go to Bass Lake



When you arrive home on Valentine’s Day to a bouquet of roses you’re thinking “man, this is gonna be a good Valentine’s Day.” But when you go to kiss your husband and he’s all laying on the couch looking like shit and informs you that he’s sick. With a stomach bug. You think "man, this is gonna be the worst Valentine's Day ever."

If it wasn’t obvious I’m not a loving and or caring person. And frankly sick people make me sick. I hate sickness, especially that of the stomach variety. Especially when it’s your first Valentine’s Day married and you had romantic dinner plans and you couldn’t hang out on Valentine’s Day last year b/c you were in CA learning how to be the best entertainment writer ever.

And thus I spent my Valentine’s Day cleaning up puke, poop, washing sheets and clothes, feeding MC Pepto, saltine crackers, Vernors, Coke, water and calling my mother begging her to come over and take care of my problems b/c I can’t stand it anymore.
She didn’t come over. Instead my brother dropped of meds on Saturday and yesterday my dad left some bananas and some Lysol on the back step, even though I was right inside mopping the floor. (Do you see where I get my loving ways? It’s like they care but they weren’t coming near the sick house).

Honestly, I’ve never seen anyone suffer from a stomach bug for this long. He’s still home today (I’m at work, thank GOD). If I catch it, I will kill someone, maybe myself.

** Regarding the title: Gretchen is the possible gold digger on the Real Housewives of the OC, while her husband was sick with cancer in the hospital she went to Bass Lake. I would have gone with her on Saturday and not cared what anyone thought.

7 comments:

Christie said...

That does not make me look good.....

Unknown said...

I do NOT blame your family for wanting to stay away. This stomach bug that has been going around over the last year is KILLER! I would not wish it upon anybody. I will be very shocked if you don't get it, as it seems very contagious (sp?). Tell Matt I hope he feels better! You are being a good wife for taking care of him.

Laura said...

Oh yeah, I totally agree! You could not pay me to enter that house. I suggest airing it out... the cold will kill the germs.

Emily said...

Mom-it makes you look genius. Trust me, if I could have bailed I would have. xoxo

Emily said...

Marty-do you really think the same stomach bug that you had a year ago is what matt has? Is that even possible??

Unknown said...

Well, it's defenitely similar. Maybe a different strain...but it sounds just like what I had.

Anonymous said...

Ooo, that's going around! Just wait until you have kids Emily! Then your kids and your husband get the "bug" at the same time! Hope Matt's feeling better and you didn't catch it!