Monday, February 2, 2009

Land's End is good, maybe not that good, but good

My new mature womanly body swim suit from Land's End arrived today and I could not be happier. It is so cute. (I mean for an old lady bathing suit)

Or...at least I thought it was. I just modeled it for MC and he was all like
"WTF is that? A scuba suit?"

Clearly MC doesn't get the, if you gain 20 pounds, you can no longer wear your adorable white American Eagle bikini with the orange hearts on it, rule

I told him in an effort to keep fellow beach goers from barfing upon seeing my womanly curves (i.e. fat rolls) this bathing suit would be a good choice and plus I'd feel way more comfortable in it.

He still didn't get it. He now admits he doesn't understand why the top and bottom don't match. I'm not even kidding I just had to explain to my six-packing having husband that fat people (I mean grown up) bathing suits usually have a dark, plain bottom b/c although the top is all cute and bright, no one wants to see pin wheels on my ass.

MC might be in denial about my post marriage weight gain but I'm not and I feel no reason to subject innocent beach goers to anyone's denial.

Anywho diet '09 was just kicked up a notch. Pass the low fat cheez-its please.

2 comments:

Heidi Renée said...

I have a Land's End suit too. *sigh*

Lyndsay said...

word! i just found myself admiring the suck-my-tummy in one-piecers from the victoria's secret catalog. then, i tried to justify the sexiness of it all because it was red and from VS. ah, the sweet, sweet taste of denial.