In preparation for my writing thingy in Nashville I shut myself in my bedroom last night to (as my sister calls it) audition some outfits.
Now, I don’t know if fellow bloggers or book publishers will be judging me on my outfits but just in case they are I want to look like the cutest little blogger ever.
I pulled some new and some old stuff, piled it on the bed and started the auditions. Just as I was getting my new H&M trouser jeans pulled up, in walks MC.
Now, let it be known that since the Land’s End bathing suit incident I kinda hate him and never want to show him anything new ever again.
But he announced that he needed to pack too and promptly dug himself a hole by asking “are you gonna be okay because those jeans look kinda tight.”**
WTF?
Marty said he is going to write a book on how to be a husband b/c he’s gay and even he knows 1. never to make an even remotely bad face when your wife shows you a new bathing suit and 2. never ask if her jeans are too tight.
**As a side the jeans are not too tight. H&M is kinda foreign or something and they put the buttons on the wrong side so I look special when I do my pants up from there. GOD.
Anyway, after I cleared that up I realized that MC has been watching far too much “What Not To Wear.” He wasn’t a huge fan of any of the footwear I had picked out for my new dress.
MC “Um I know you have open toe black shoes, where are those?”
ME: WTF, why do you know what shoes I have.
MC “Hmm Idk those are too summery. It’ll be warmer in Nashville but it’s still winter, so there is just too much bare leg showing for February.”
ME: Okay….
MC: “Got it. Opaque tights with your ankle boots, that’ll be cute.”
Our new living quarters afford us a long hallway that MC has turned into my own personal runway.
Picture if you will my dirt bike riding, engineer hubby standing hand on hip in our kitchen directing me down our hallway (runway). That was my night.
I may be married to the strangest of creatures but at least I’ll look good this weekend.
Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
If Jason ever starts talking to me about opaque tights and ankle boots I will immediately know that something is very, very wrong with him.
Have fun this weekend! I'm sure you'll look fabulous as usual:)
I will NEED daily updates. I trust you will be stalking JL with your camera, yes? We need proof! Did you pack pearls and pink argyle?
Post a Comment