Monday, February 9, 2009

Jen Lancaster is my hero, I am her stalker



It is a rare woman who can talk about the "Real Housewives of the OC" during her keynote address and sound completely intelligent. Jen Lancaster is one of those women. And I heart her.

Her keynote address at BlissDom was the perfect mix of snark and professionalism and advice. It was as as good as I knew it would be. She kicks off her book tour in Detroit this spring and you better believe I'll be there.

Also I heart Jen b/c I'm pretty sure even though she couldn't say it she totally thought it was weird that people brought their babies to Blissdom b/c I'm telling you it was weird. Day two I saw someone breast fed and also one women introduced her blog by saying "I write about breast feeding a lot" WTF? I will NEVER be the same.

Also if I ever give a keynote address I will totally tie in the show "Intervention" somehow. (And no, not b/c I'll be giving the keynote at an AA meeting...or maybe...anyway). I'm watching my favorite episode right now with Sylvia. The ex interior designer whose husband left her, she remarried a party animal/ abusive jerk, she started drinking, lost her kids, drinks vodka shooters all day. This is my favorite "Intervention" I've seen it a lot. And honestly this is the one I relate to the most b/c I can so see myself becoming Sylvia. So can MC, so he will never leave me. On top of that he totally went grocery shopping today and remembered paper towel. He's real good.
The one with Sylvia also reminds me how much I heart southern accents and after my weekend in Nashville I totally picked one up. My new friend Poppy said the same thing. We may have been tipsy when admitting this to one another. Stop judging. I'm no Sylvia.


1 comment:

Alli Worthington said...

I totally could have written your post! ;)

{high fives}

So glad you had fun!