Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Those mommy bloggers are some clever bitches

So, in case it wasn't painfully obvious I was at this big bloggy thing all last weekend.

While 99 percent of the crowd was moms and at first I was all like gonna shoot myself if one more person ask me how many kids I had, by the end of the weekend I had some serious respect for these women, not only as moms but as business women.
I mean these bitches are making money. They're gettin free cars, free travel, free computers, free shoes and all sorts of other cool shit.

In turn, some things will (hopefully) be happening on this site as a result of their advice to 1. make it more popular 2. gain more readership and 3. allow me pay my electric bill, which since it's still in my father-in-law's name, I'm sure he'd appreciate.

Anyway, don't freak out and think I'm a major sell out or that I'm part of a pyramid scheme (Marty, I'm not) if ads start appearing where they once were not. It's still me. It's just me with a house full of light and a happy father-in-law.

Of course there's a good chance that ad folks will read my next post and be like "this girl is bat shit crazy, we will never advertise on her blog" that or you'll see a lot of ads for hair removal products and porno...I promise it's gonna be a good post. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

adamfitz22 said...

if you get porn ads on here my life will be complete

"what does your sister do?"
"advertises for porn"

Heidi Renée said...

My ads don't do shit because nobody clicks them. I fail.

Unknown said...

It still sounds a little pyramidy to me...but I am with Adam. I am so excited for the porn ads...just make sure they are some good sites that I would like.

Colleen said...

you know what's funny? adam and marty are hoping for porn, but all your ads are for mommy stuff because, i imagine, of certain keywords like breastfeeding - baby gas, the motherhood on ABC, which is perfect for me because I am a mommy, but I also enjoy the porn. so, start writing about porn so you can get some porn ads up here. I would suggest some key words, but think i'll leave the dirty work to adam and marty.
I have a gift cert for free crocs too, if that's what you're referring to on twitter, a

Colleen said...

I started to say that I don't get the twitter. I already spend far too much time on facebook, i'm thinking twitter might render me unemployed.