As I've mentioned before, perhaps my disgust in the situation has to do with the fact that I moved at exactly this time last year and it really sucks when everyone is happily enjoying the holidays without wondering where the hell all of this shit came from and just how many TV cables one newly wed couple can possible have.
Anyway, despite my many, many, many nervous breakdowns along the way, the place is really starting to shape up. As promised I will have PLENTY of before and after photos but not yet, I don't move that fast and also I want things to be perfect before I share.
For now our furniture is arranged, things are starting to appear on the walls, carpets are getting clean and as I type MC is paining away (I tried to help but painting is apparently "not my thing." A close second to moving in my opinion). Here he is, looking all cute and painty.In terms of my nervous breakdowns and moving I've had a lot of help along the way and you all know who you are so thank you, thank you, thank you and no I won't help you move.
More good news, while reading one of our favorite blogs by Jen Lancaster my mom and I discovered that JL will be the keynote speaker at this year's BlissDom event in Nashville, TN. The conference, as far as I can tell, is a way to network and figure out how to get someone to pay me to sit poolside while complaining and giving out my opinions in writing, via a book.
Upon reading this my mom was all like "You are so going."
One Map Quest search later and a text to MC a road trip to Nashville is in the works. My bro and MC are coming along for the ride to check out the music scene in Nashville while I be all writer like. I am so freakin' excited I can't even explain it. Jen swears she will be drinking with attendees and I'm gonna hold her to that (i.e. get down on my knees and beg her to hang with me and teach me the million ways of cool that she is). (If you're reading this JL I am in deed totally sucking up to you and you're welcome, see you in Feb.)
The only downside to our trip in Feb. is that it falls on one of my bff's birthday and I was out of town last year on his birthday for a writing fellowship at USC. I'm pretty sure as soon as he gets back from Mexico, where he is enjoying 82 degree weather and lots of alcohol as I type, he's gonna be pretty pissed that we have to move his b-day party again. He'll probably stop speaking to me like he did the time I forgot his middle name or act all like an abandoned child who was left at day care or something and make me pay for this therapy.
But really Marty, you should be happy that you have such a fabulous writer friend who travels to places like L.A. and Nashville to better herself. And plus as I sit here it's snowing hard core and windy and I just hope to God our power stays on, so really going bowling the weekend before your b-day should be okay but if you do in fact, have a nervous breakdown because of the switch I think I might be able to help you, I'm familiar.
1 comment:
I look forward to meeting you at Blissdom, too!
I believe we'll have a couple of former Gannett writers in attendance.
Post a Comment