Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy two months MC!


Today marks two months since MC and I tied the knot at the beautiful Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island.
As I’m sure most couples do on the eve of their two month anniversary, we got into a conversation last night about who would get what should a divorce occur.
Matt originally claimed the TV, movies and all the video games but quickly relented and said “I’d let you have everything.”
This was smart for two reasons. One, I’d probably fight him and get it all anyway and two, since I know he loves the TV, movies and video games so much I can hold those above his head should he ever threaten to leave.
It’d go like this.
MC: “I’m leaving.”
Me: “Well don’t forget I get everything.”
MC: “Never mind. I’m staying. I love you. You are smartest, most wonderful woman ever to walk the Earth.”

After we divided up who would get what and then decided I’d just get it all, we got into a serious conversation about the difference between robot and alien voices.
(Just fyi our internet and cable were working just fine. We sat down on the couch to relax before heading out to the bar, got into this conversation, which went on so long that we skipped the bar and instead opted for a run to 7-11 for beer and Ben & Jerry’s).
Matt seems to think robots speak with a brief pause.
MC’s robot voice: “hmmm Emily when do you want to leave for the bar?”

I, on the other hand, think that if robots are so technically advanced that they are robots they need not pause before speaking. I think if you’re gonna pause before speaking then you are doing more of an alien voice. Aliens, of course, would pause because they are just learning the language, duh!

Laughter ensued and even though we totally can’t agree that the plan I’ve made for New Year’s Eve is the bestest plan ever, we obviously are totally meant for each other. Meaning the conversation about splitting up our stuff was totally not needed.

(I’ll blog about said New Year’s Eve plans when it gets closer, one holiday, one job, one housing switching at a time).

In the meantime, I’m back to packing today. I’m gonna start on the kitchen. I realize I didn’t blog yesterday. It was honestly just way too boring to even think about. (Minus my lunch w/ Manny, that was fun). Oh and standing in line at Big Lots to return cookie sheets, that was fun. Oh and finding a clock with a picture of Jesus at the Last Supper painted on it, that was really fun. (But I didn’t get to snap a photo of it ☹, I know I suck, I obviously don’t deserve a clock like that).

After packing I've gotta head to the bank to cash in a CD (can you say emergency fund?) then I have a dinner date with Tiffany and baby Pete and then MC and I are heading to Lapeer early in an attempt to get ahead of the 10 inches of snow that are suppose to fall.

While I don't normally blog on the weekends, I just may have to. Work on the new house starts tomorrow and I might just need to fill you all in on how that's going. Or I might be too busy so you'll have to wait till Monday. Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found time to relax before heading out to the bar. Afterall, it was a Thursday and nobody likes being tired at the bar on a Thursday. Thursday. Did I mention that you're great. Cashing in CD's but you manage to work in lunch dates, dinner dates, shopping dates, and bar night. Clap...Clap...Clap...Single tear.

-Kevin CCP

Heidi Renée said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi Renée said...

Aw Kevin, you're just jealous because you don't have such an active social life.

If things ever went south between us, I would be gunning for Jason's sports car--he can have the video games, I have no use for those.

Anonymous said...

I bet all your family and friends were laughing about you wearing a white wedding dress. -The AbortionDoctor