My day started out like any other. I woke up at 6:30 a.m. to make breakfast and lunch for my dear Matty.
Once he left for work I went back to bed (which I sometimes do) but today I slept until 10:20 a.m. Man, oh man it felt so good. I love sleeping in and since I've been losing sleep lately due to stress it felt even better. (I couldn't even sleep last night because I was rearranging our furniture and hanging pictures in my head to fit the new place)
Once I got up I decided to be a good little house wife.
Editor's note: I have to mention that I'm watching the "Today" show right now and they are giving tips on how to survive now that we are really in a recession...blah I hate when my morning TV is so closely related to my real life. I hate having to pay attention to like what to do with my 401K.
Anyway, being the good house wife I am, I headed into Matt's bathroom to do some cleaning. It was not okay because I was reminded of something horrible. While our new living quarters are much larger than our current apartment and include a garage and a basement, there is only ONE bathroom!
While most married couples might not find this a problem. I do.
Poor Matt. He's just so hairy and I don't mean normal guy hairy. He is somewhere between my dad (sorry Dad but you are real hairy) and Robin Williams. Not okay.
On top of that he's just a dude. He has nasty bathroom habits. His tissues don't always make it in the trash, his pee doesn't always make it in the toilet, his towels don't always make it on the rack. All in all it's been no biggie since he has his own space but to think of my pretty pink bath towels and luxurious lotions sharing one space with this ragged towels and chewed up toothbrush just makes me sad.
Of course I grew up sharing a bathroom with many people. But that was before my OCD kicked in. I should mention that I don't really have the OCD that gets me all worried about germs as much as it gets me all worried that Martha Stewart (do yourself a favor and watch youtube clips of "Whatever Martha," so funny!) or my Aunt Karen is gonna come over and judge my disgusting bathroom. Hence my bathrooms and my entire house actually are always "Good Housekeeping" photo shoot ready. Which means I'll just have to work a little harder in the new house.
Once I got over this realization I get a text from Matt saying he'd added me to his health insurance. Honestly best husband ever! I just can not say enough about how great he is being about all of it. If you are dating someone I suggest you ask how they'd handle it if you lost your job. If they don't say "just like Emily's husband Matt" you should dump them.
On to the rest of my day: I have put my resume on a USB and am ready for my first trip to unemployment. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the only one at unemployment who completed a fellowship at the University of Southern California in fine arts, but I guess you never know.
Anywho, I'm getting picked up at noon. When I get home I promise I'll tell you what it was like there.
Then I'm gonna some laundry (something I'd been putting off because I'd been so busy at my pesky job).
Tonight Matt and I get to go to a fancy party at Eagle Eye to celebrate the holidays with co-workers from DTN. DTN is a leasing company is East Lansing where lots of good looking people work.
After being my friend Manny's date to last year's party I decided I had to get a job there just for the Christmas party. Hence I become the "resident manager" at my complex. Which really is just a lot of paper work that results in a rent discount and tiny cell phone reimbursement. Honestly, it's a great job. I wish I could do it full time and it paid more than $64 a month.
I'll post pictures of the party tomorrow because it's sure to be a shit show being that I don't have to report to work in the a.m.
Okay wish me luck I'm going to try and pick out the perfect unemployment outfit. I'm thinking cowboy boots are a must!
btw the "Today" show is still on saving money tips...
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Em, honestly, the pee on the toilet, hair all over the sink, counter NEVER wiped off, towels on the floor... it is just a man thing. Will is the same. After over 2 years of marriage (and even longer living together) it's still the same. He just got the hang of putting the toilet seat down! (a huge feat in my book)
Sorry about your job loss. Will's been out of work since January. Hopefully moving to a new area will give him some new opportunities.
I'm sure you will find something soon!
Post a Comment