Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My very own hater

I was gonna address haters tomorrow and I still will to some extent but in a weird twist of fate this arrived in my comment section just now, therefore beating me to the punch.

"I am so fucking glad that you got fired. I have been reading your terrible writing for years and cringing at the pathetic quality. From your constant use of cliches to your random verb tense shifts, I am glad to see you go. Now maybe you can grow up and deal with real problems like the rest of us."

Of course said person did not leave their name, I can only ponder a guess that it is probably one of my many "fans" from the column I wrote at the LSJ. (Kevin a.k.a. Chestercopperpot? Gabe? Commonsense2006? is that you??)Glad to see you following my new work, I really missed you guys.

I most likely won't repost every hater comment I get but from my experience sometimes they, like this one, are way too good to pass up.

9 comments:

Heidi Renée said...

Back when I did the occasional column for The Loop section of The State News, I got a ton of hate e-mail (this was before SN had commenting). I saved every single one. They make me laugh.

JRC BITES said...

Hate mail is fun! Nice, complimentary mail is great, too, but re-reading hate mail acquired over the years is much more entertaining.

Anonymous said...

What I never understood is if these "fans" didn't like your writing, WHY DID THEY READ YOUR COLUMNS for years and years (per quoted individual)? I just don't get it. I liked your columns and enjoyed reading what was on your mind. Just because your columns weren't necessarily earth-shattering scientific or philosophic theories doesn't make them any less important. Your columns communicated a message, engaged this reader and gave me something else to think about other than my problems or the economy. During these rough times, that's a huge feat even for Superman. Oops...forgive me for the cliche...

Anonymous said...

It wasn't me sexy. I just found out about your departure. I never wanted you fired either. Your lack of skill and ability to work in your drinking problem (regardless of the main topic of the article) always brought me to your column every other Wednesday. I mean, you mentioned drinking during a trip to Ikea. Thank God that City Pulse article told me where I could find you.

Your number 2 fan after Cas,
Kevin "chestercopperpot"

Bridgette Redman said...

When people write, they always write about themselves-whether they intend to or not. That truism doesn't necessarily make things easier, but it might make the reading of the insults more interesting.

rknil said...

Bridgette:

Normally after reading your comment, I would say something like: "That is the dumbest thing I have ever read. Do you design pages?"

But you don't.

Anonymous said...

Emily~~ I liked you better as a blond, but I'm partial to loose drunken blondes who have party bodies. I loved Tara Reid when she was fat too. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Well, Emily - at least you now can screen out your "enemies". People read your column because 1) a few of us were stupid and actually PAID for the LSJ. Therefore, that gives me the right to comment on their pathetic columnists; and 2) it brings a laugh to the day - reading about someone so self-centered that they think that children shouldn't be allowed to go shopping with their parents at IKEA?!

I'll put myself as your #3 fan - Commonsense2006, right behind your mother(or is it your mother-in-law, BFF?) CAS1981 and Chester...

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Emily. You are a fricking retard.