...but instead I'm doing this. I swear as soon as I'm done I'm going down to my car, getting some boxes and starting on the bathrooms...or maybe my shoe collection.
Speaking of clothing. Ya know what's sick? I have five huge boxes of sweaters. Yes, sweaters and I like them all and I wear them all. But how the hell did I end up with five boxes of sweaters. That is just SICK and kinda explains my credit card debt.
Anywhot, today was semi-productive, oh who am I kidding? Now that I have a job lined up, I'm kinda looking at these past two weeks and the next two weeks as a kind of paid vacation, except at the end of the vacation I have a new house, a new job (that comes with a new budget) and I have to stand in line at the Secretary of State Office to change my address.
Which leads me to, what I did yesterday. I spent a good two hours canceling internet and cable TV and reordering it in our new locale. Holy shit, why are cable and internet services so freakin' expensive? And because we live in BFE I had to get a home phone b/c our cell phones don't work there.
(That's right no garbage disposal, no city water and no freakin' cell phones, God help me). Anyway our new bill is outrageous I don't even wanna talk about it.
Today I was treated to lunch by my girl Kristen, then I headed to Linens-N-Things to see if I could find a clock for our kitchen. No such luck, the place was a disaster being that it is their last seven days in business. When I stopped into World Market to pick up a few Christmas gifts (I'm so gonna miss that place) the cashier checked my ID (obviously I had to buy wine, I mean it is the holidays) I mentioned that I was gonna miss that. (It's a rare day that anyone in Lapeer checks your ID. First of all, everyone knows you. Chances are you're being checked out by someone who baby sat you or went to high school with your parents or you and secondly, well I don't know they just don't check ID there.) The cashier and the woman behind me asked why I was moving and I explained MC and I had parents there and we both had jobs there.
The cashier: "Well those are hard to come by. Good luck with your move."
Honestly, not that any time is a good time to be unemployed, but it almost seems like now is the time because everyone is unemployed. Imagine being the ass hole who was unemployed in like 99-00 hahah, no one on Earth would feel sorry for you.
And by the way I don't know why cashiers, total strangers and I get into conversations. I've been like this my whole life. Ask MC how much he likes it when the guy behind the deli counter tells me his life story.
Just yesterday I learned the entire life history of the guy hooking up my new cable and internet service. Via the phone I learned he's been married for four years, he lives in Wisconsin but has also lived in Wyoming and did you know that there is extreme wind in Wyoming? I didn't. Cable guy also knows what brand flat screen we just bought and the style of light fixtures I'm buying for our dining room. I can't help it. He was sharing so I thought I should.
Moving on....
I came home and had a message from the HR peeps at the LSJ. I had left them a message with my new address b/c my last severance check has to be mailed. I called the lead HR woman back and she sounded pretty surprised that I had a new job already. Her tone led me to believe she's getting a lot of "please feel sorry for me" calls, or maybe that's just her tone. I don't know but I found it kind of annoying.
And so I guess I'll go pack now.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"And by the way I don't know why cashiers, total strangers and I get into conversations. I've been like this my whole life."
I'm like this too! I have the strangest conversations in line at the grocery store. Great seeing you today, Emily! Have fun packing!
--Kristen
It drives Grandpa crazy that EVERYONE talks to Grandma wherever they go. You come by it naturally!
Post a Comment