The first St. Paddy's day I could legally drink in the bar, something horrible happened.
My journalism law professor scheduled an exam for the day after St. Paddy's.
For some people this wouldn't be a problem. But jrn law exams were written exams and my brain and lawyer talk totally don't mix. To even get a passing grade on the previous exams required hours and hours of studying and kinda paying the guy next to me to let me read his blue book.
Going out the day before was NOT an option.
And so I decided to be pro active. I wrote my professor an e-mail and asked him to please move the exam date to the next class. I had no valid excuse other than I wanted to party. So please and thank you.
He did not change the exam. He did read the e-mail out loud and express how almost convincing it was. (Which actually since it was a law class should have won me some points. I didn't, but the class did applaud me for my genius efforts).
But alas my first official St. Paddy's day BLEW.
This year? WORSE.
For reasons I can't get in to, I was unavailable until 10 p.m. last night. MC became available at 4:30 p.m. Needless to say by the time I actually found him, he'd had enough green beer for the both of us.
And also note to self: don't arrive at a party 14 hours after it started, you've probably missed the best part.
I was bitter. I'm not gonna lie. I slammed doors, I threw things and then I went to bed.
Happy freakin St. Paddy's.
Of course, I didn't have to take a written jrn law exam today...so I guess life isn't all bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I was just telling my mom that story.
-laura
That was almost as good as the time you told your academic advisor that you were really disappointed in her because she was nothing like Felicity's. Ahhh college...
Don't feel bad, I was in bed by 11:00 and forgot to wear green.
We can celebrate our own faux St. Patrick's when ever you'd like!
Slamming doors, throwing things and going to bed mad. All because people were partying without you. Nice.
Poor MC. I have no idea how (or why) he puts up with your behavior. You must be really good in the sack to make up for it.
You stil got drunk right? I'm just kidding. Of course you did, it was a Tuesday.
Kevin, I swear to God I didn't get drunk, it was sad, sad day for everyone.
Post a Comment