Here are MC and me on New Year's Eve. Proof that within the past few days I have, in fact, managed to smile....at least this once...and well a few more times later on during this night when the beer and champers started to kick in.And although I did managed to have a good time, like a lot of things this past month, New Year's Eve didn't turn out how I'd planned it. As I mentioned in a previous post I had come up with the most amazing NYE plans complete with a huge, fancy party in downtown Detroit. But multiple towel racks, lighting fixtures and a pay cut later our budget didn't exactly have room for this big, fancy party. And though I hate to admit it, my energy level just wasn't what it should have been for a proper NYE party. Instead we opted for a steak dinner with my parents and a family filled party at a local hotel. Far less fancy but absolutely free and I spent the evening with people I love and that's what really matters.
On to more messy and not so happy thoughts. Last night (a Saturday night, mind you, things are real exciting around here) MC decided to set some mouse traps. Within ten minutes we had two dead in the garage, within fifteen minutes one sneaky bugger in the basement had eaten the peanut butter off the trap but gotten away. Within twenty five minutes MC had loaded the basement trap again and caught the bastard...well sorta. The mouse got hit but fell, alive, from the ledge that the trap was on. When MC heard the trap go, he headed to the basement.
MC: "OMG it's a blood bath down here."
Me: At this point I'm just dry heaving, not talking
MC: "Ugg the little guy is still alive."
Me: "OMG just take him out side he'll die soon enough."
MC: No words but I know he won't pick the thing up alive and he is an animal lover (although I think mice are rodents, not animals) and doesn't want the thing to suffer.
Suddenly I realize MC has loaded his b.b. gun and fired two shots. The mouse is dead and apparently about a gallon of bleach (judging from the odor) was needed to clean up the mess (really how much blood can one little mouse have)?? It was like our own little down on the farm episode of "Dexter." I especially felt that way when I went to take the trash out this morning and saw off of the little mouse body bags in the garbage can.
Anyway, in less blood tastic news I return to my new job tomorrow and am pretty excited. The first day was pretty cool and it seems like I'll be busy, which is a good thing.
Our trip to Nashville is booked and we've only got about 5 more hours of work to do on the house before it's photo ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment