**Shopping has always, always made me feel better. I think it has something to do with the organizational side of me because shopping is a way I can get exactly what I want when I want it and complete whatever collection I’m going for.
Last night it was a denim skirt. I love dresses, they are my favorite, skirts are my number two. I have a ton of adorable tops that will only look good with denim so I needed a new skirt b/c of the epic fail that diet ’08 turned out be and b/c the shorty short American Eagle denim skirt that hangs in my closet just seems so wrong.
It’s weird how even last year at 26 years old it was okay, I put it on now and I’m like “there aren’t even enough ways to say how wrong this looks.”
Anyway the search took me to Old Navy for some quality shopping time with my girl Tiffany.
Tiffany and I met through my old work blog. We connected quickly over our love of alcohol and pinkisthenewblog. (Although last night we admitted that we aren’t so into the pink anymore. We also talked about how back in the day black pants were the shit when it came to bar apparel and now we’d never wear black pants to the bar. We also talked about how all 21 and 22 year old blond skinny girls are kinda the same person so now we just call them all “that girl” we also talked about how funny it was when she actually heard a guy at Biggby Coffee yesterday tell someone “There are two types of people in this world, the ones who get stuff done and the ones who watch things get done. I’m the kind of person who gets things done” Really?!? People actually try to sell that as their own? LOL LOL ) anyway….we are basically the same person.
So when I had to move away to small town USA and she got to stay in East Lansing we made a pact to get together often and hence last night.
(As a side I also got a great pair of wedge heels for an upcoming wedding I’m going to, just had to brag).
We dined at Bar Louie and really enjoyed ourselves (maybe a bit too much, I’m a little tired today).
**There is really no point to the post except. I love shopping and hanging with Tiffany.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I didn't get black bar pants until senior year of college. The I wore them to my dad's wedding. FAIL.
Post a Comment