As I was staring at the remaining $28 in my checking account his morning, I have to wonder why the hell I just booked plane tickets to Myrtle Beach and a two bedroom condo to stay in over Labor Day weekend?
I really have no good answer except that two of my friends, neither of whom have a lot of extra money sitting around, are also going on the trip (along with the other two vacations we have planned this summer) and well I have to say if they can do it, so can I. And yes if they jumped off a bridge I probably would too. They're very convincing friends. And in their defense the Myrtle Beach thing was kinda my doing ...
Anypoorwhitetrash, since entering adult hood, I've been a in a constant flux between living life to the fullest and ya know, that pesky part about "saving for the future" and "paying my bills on time."
(I don't know why I put those things in quotes, am I implying that saving for the future is a fake thing? I mean in my case it is, but in other's it's a very real phenom, to you I say Good job! To me I say what the fuck is wrong with you? And let me also say I have never paid a bill late — that, I at least have control of ... sorta. For the most part I think it's luck.)
I tease MC a lot about his stress regarding our funds, but the truth is, if it weren't for that constant furrowed brow look on his face I'd probably be applying for more credit, moving into a house we couldn't afford and renewing our passports for a fall getaway to London. (In my defense have you ever been to London in the fall? Or Paris for that matter? Screw the spring time it's BEAUTIFUL there that time of year! And oh the plane tickets are so cheap and we have friends we can stay with .... and .... Oh that's right I have $28 to my name.)
Anyway, I guess I'm putting this out there for a couple of reasons. 1. Got work? I'm talented at writing (obvs.), shopping (duh), cleaning, baking, baby sitting, booking awesome vacations and so much more. If you have a job for me please contact me!
2. Am I really that alone in this? I mean how many 28 year olds have their shit together? How many of us have more than $28 in our checking account right now (and if you do keep it to yourself, I don't really want to know).
3. If I owe you money it might take a minute for me to pay you back. In the meantime just remember how much you love me and just how entertaining I am. I'm totally worth that $40 I've owed you for three weeks, right?!
3. If I owe you money it might take a minute for me to pay you back. In the meantime just remember how much you love me and just how entertaining I am. I'm totally worth that $40 I've owed you for three weeks, right?!
Let me also just say that despite the fact that I'll either be charging groceries this week or ya know not going to the grocery store (I think we have some frozen burritos to live off of) that I still think I did the right thing in booking our trip. Sometimes you've just gotta say "eff it." I like frozen burriots anyway.
10 comments:
Ahhhhhh, I've taught you well.
wow, you certainly sound like a mature adult ready to have children! If you don't learn to control your finances now, how are you going to pay for all of the expenses of parenthood?
Go susanb. i've been saying for months she is FARFARFAR from ready for the responsibility of a child.
Caring yes. But still too self centered for a child.
Oh, how fun to be so judgmental ... when you are ANONYMOUS. Brave soul.
Baby Cas will never be dependent on welfare or WIC or any other government agency. Both of his parents have college degrees and good jobs.
Worry about the thousands of teenagers having babies (and keeping them) and counting on the taxpayers to support them.
Well, 'Christie,' I don't believe susanb or anonymous mentioned anything about welfare or WIC. They were simply commenting on your daughter's total lack of maturity and responsibility when it comes to most areas, especially money. Perhaps instead of defending her now, you should have taken the time to show her how ADULTS are supposed to live. And really, what difference does it make if the comment is made from an anonymous person? How is 'Christie' without a last name any less anonymous? With every column Emily writes it becomes more and more apparent that she is a spoiled, selfish and immature person who should NEVER be a parent.
Why do you read her blog?
Dear 'Impossible to Translate Tag Name',
Your kind words were well received. It must be nice to sit at home on your computer and spew venom that hurts people. Good for you.
I do know her, actually. I know the entire family. And what I said was true. Every. Single. Word. And, judging by the other comments posted and those posted in the past, I'm not the only one who feels that way.
OK Friends and Neighbors (funny tag for such a mean person), You know her, you don't like her or her family..... why do you read her blog AND comment AND check the comments. Often. ??????
Post a Comment