Tuesday, October 6, 2009

28.


Yesterday was my 28th birthday.

It's kinda just one of those birthdays that gets you to 30. If nothing else it was a time to reflect on the past year.

I got married, I lost my job, I gained a job, I moved, I've learned to live with less, I've learned to live with more.

I'm not sure if I'm where I thought I'd be at 28 but at the same time I'm a lot further than I expected to be.

More than anything I'm hoping that 28 is a little less eventful than 27, on the other hand sometimes change can be good.

I think what it made me realize the most is that despite the set backs, the challenges and disappointments I have a lot to be thankful for. And 28 has a lot of potential.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Happy birthday to you....
I turned 30 this year. It probably would have been traumatic, but I spent my entire 29th year telling people, and believing, that I was actually 30. SO, by the time I REALLY hit that milestone, I was already used to the idea.

My advice: skip 29, and just start considering yourself 30 years old starting about 364 days from now.

29 is a pointless year, anyway.

Kim said...

Happy belated birthday! Here's to a great 28 (for you and for me)!