They say that the first year of marriage is the hardest.
If that's true than I am two days away from things getting a whole lot better.
And that? I could handle.
In one year of marriage we've been through more than most couples have to deal with in 10.
Two months in I lost my job. My entire world as I knew it collapsed because, I, like many people define myself by my work. On top of that, we lost my pay check.
Three months in we moved. Back to our hometown. In the country. In a house MC's dad owns.
I lost my independence, my favorite restaurant, the sound of traffic outside my front window.
Nine months in we realized getting pregnant isn't as easy as they say it is in high school.
Ten months in we lost a friend.
It's a lot to handle. It's a lot to wake up to everyday.
The good news is though, that when I wake up, I do so next to MC.
There is no other person I'd rather have on my side through all of these, let's call them, adventures.
He is truly my better half. He is my rock. He is my husband.
I love you MC.
Here's to many more.
5 comments:
Happy Anniversary! We love you both and can't wait to see you on Halloween. :)
That made me cry.
Happy Anniversary! Hope you two had a blast! Just think, if it wasn't for the tough stuff, you would never know how strong your marriage truly is! :)
Beautiful! Happy anniversary!
Beautiful, Em.
Post a Comment