Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Flint, Mich. not the total shit hole you think it is

I'm a big supporter of all things Michigan. I feakin' love it here.

Come on, we're shaped like a mitten, there is water everywhere (p.s. I love water) and we're so close to Canada that the drinking age is pretty much 19. What's not to like?

So, I totally heart it when big time newspapers and magazines write good things about us instead of just publishing photos of worn out buildings or articles on what a man-whore the ex mayor of Detroit was (I mean he was but still) and also tons of stories about how we're gonna like fall off into the ocean because the car business is gone. We'll figure something out, we're pretty and pretty people always win.

On that note let's talk about Flint. There's a lot to hate (there's some to be scared of) and there's lots to love.
Who says? The New York Times! And you get to look at pretty houses in the process.

4 comments:

spartygrl13 said...

have you heard the pure michigan commercials for flint/genesee? LOVE IT!

Kevin said...

How does the quality of your writing get worse over time? This is a serious question. Please answer me.

Anonymous said...

How is Michigan going to fall into an ocean?

Tif said...

I love this and RT'd on Facebook. And I miss you and our dates. Coming to ELA anytime soon??