Monday, April 13, 2009

The hostess with the mostest

Sometimes I amaze myself and I guess who ever else is looking. Last weekend was one of those times.

I managed to pull off hosting Easter without a hitch.

The proof is in the pictures.







MC kept the animals entertained....and also clean as Lucy decided it being Easter and all, it was officially spring and went for a swim on my parent's pool cover.



Also I will not have you think I hosted Easter in a Grand Hotel track jacket (that was Easter Eve). I wore an adorable shift dress from the Gap courtesy of my mother. There are apparently none left and so I can not show you a picture via their online store and the only picture I took of me in it is on my phone and since I just got said phone on Saturday I'm still trying to figure the whole thing out.
But being that I'm on a budget and can no longer buy new wardrobes for every event in my life, I assure you I will have this dress on again and at that point get a picture online.

Hope you all enjoyed the holiday.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I would have hosted Easter in a Grand Hotel track jacket. I totally would have.

I love the bunny cake.

Anonymous said...

Great job with the cake - very cute.
Bad job setting the table. Napkin and fork go to the left of the plate. Knife and spoon to the right.
But from what you report Lapeer folk probably don't care - at least it's not plastic. :-)

Tess Brown said...

Emily, I have made that cake before, and it is VERY DIFFICULT. It looks like you did a great job. Personally, I vowed to never do it again.

Unknown said...

Emily -- I've been avoiding my computer lately, so I'm just catching up on your blog. After I read your last post, I clicked on the link to your Christmas cookies post. It made me laugh -- You and your sisters sound just like my family!

And I think you really are brilliant -- Keep writing -- and baking!