Monday, April 6, 2009

Bar Keepers Friend-not just a barf bucket anymore

Had you asked me even a year ago (or hell two days ago) what Bar Keepers Friend was I probably would have been all "I don't know, a barf bucket?"

(And yes there was a bar in East Lansing that provided barf buckets to its customers, they are no longer in business and I just can't figure it out). But really if I were a bar tender I'd want to have barf buckets ready, b/c you just never know. Drunks, like babies, are very unpredictable with their spew.

But that was before I was all old and wise and moved to the country where people have well water that totally ruins otherwise beautifully white bathtubs.

That was also before all of my wonderful, perfect, party animal NCAA plans were cast aside. First we opted out of Detroit and then Marty got the flu and then what little plans we had remaining for game time were pretty much gone. So instead MC and I got all domestic.

With an entire Saturday, which we had originally planned to dedicate to drinking, open up we were all "What should we do?"
Surprisingly (well not for MC) we decided to be productive.
We now have a fully functional garage door opener. It's awesome (ladies, if you are single I suggest you seek yourself an engineer, they are worth more than their weight in gold when it comes to household projects).
We have brand new brushed nickel address numbers. They are awesome.
And a completely and totally rust free bathtub thanks to the wonder that is Bar Keepers Friend.
Seriously if you live in the country, buy this. It's like $1.77 at Home Depot and besides kinda taking a chunk of skin off of my right hand (wear gloves when scrubbing) it is the most magical cleaning product I have ever used. Ever.

And while I'm not quite sure how a totally spoiled, MSU girl went from spending a weekend partying in Detroit to spending the weekend scrubbing a bathtub, I'm oddly satisfied with the way things worked out.

Fear ye not, we made it to the bar by the second half and I was drunk by 8 p.m., passed out by 10 p.m. Some things never change, except with age comes less barfing.

Which brings us to today, Monday. The final NCAA game in which MSU will be involved with. Due to the shit ton of April snow showers (FML) we got last night, a drive to the D is out of the question. Instead we are headed to a semi local bar to celebrate my sister-in-law's boyfriend's b-day and catch some of the game.
We are on a schedule though b/c MC and I are living the life and house sitting for my parents this week as they enjoy some bonding time with my sister, the entertainment law student Teddy (formerly known at Tricia, T-Money or Patty, depending on what year you knew her. She likes change.)
Their house is big and fat and has more rooms than nights we'll be here. They have city water and a garbage disposal and two dogs, hence the time schedule.



3 comments:

Kevin said...

WOW! What a great blog. At first there was a let down when it came to getting hammered. You "had a busy Saturday" (Old School reference) and went to Home Depot to gussy up your new place. I began to think some kind of life altering jihad was taking place in your neck of the woods but then BAM, you managed to find drinkin time. Oh, my day has been made and it's not quite yet 7:30.

Unknown said...

Ah yes...Bar Keepers Friend...I know it well.I used to wash my hogs with it before the county fair. No lie. I'm a former farm girl.

Your_liver said...

Thank God you were able to get past leading a meaningful existence and return to the bottle...I'd almost lost hope for you!