Wednesday, July 14, 2010

This guy once walked me down the aisle

I met George when I was about 11.

My uncle Ed was marrying his long-time girlfriend Colleen, who is now aunt Colleen, who makes the. best. Mexican roll-ups. and pasta salad on Earth EVER.

Anyway, excited isn't even the right word for how I felt about their wedding.
My excitement only grew when I found out that Colleen's super cute 13-YEAR OLD (hello teenager!) cousin was the junior groomsman to my junior bridesmaid.

And then I met George.

Um, cute doesn't do him justice.

So, my excitement turned to nerves, which turned to bitter because, yeah at the ripe old age of 11 I knew enough to know that 13-year-old boys like George didn't want anything to do with 11-year-old girls like me.
Except that George was totally polite and kind through the entire wedding.

At the reception all I could think about was how badly I wanted George to ask me to dance. But I knew he wouldn't. I tried to have a good time but "George just ask me to dance!" was all I could think about.
And just as I had given up and my mom was about to ask me what my problem was, George appeared at our table and asked ME, 11-year-old ME to dance.
It.was.awesome.

Since George lived in New York and I in Michigan I never saw him again. Colleen kept me up-to-date on his doings and then the brillance of Facebook was born and George and I became FB friends.
I knew George had relocated to LA but what I didn't know is that turns out George is still doing what he did for me and apparently what he does best: Making people feel good about themselves.
In fact, he's so good at making people feel good he's even in the running to get his own show on the Oprah network. OPRAH!!

George's vlog (www.happyisthenewrich.com) keeps me inspired on the daily. Episode 31 happens to be my favorite right now. So check him out, vote for him and ...
just in case you needed an added bonus, um, yeah, George is still super cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ouch