I NEVER get sick. Like Ever.
In fact docs are always totally impressed when I go for my annual and I'm all like "nope, totally great."
I'm 28 and have never stayed over night in the hospital, had a surgery or broke a bone.
I am an incredibly lucky person.
And I wish I would have said this out loud a week ago and maybe whatever is currently wrong with me wouldn't be.
You see. I'm SICK.
Not, I'm going to die sick, but like fever of 102.5 sick, coughing up stuff, can't sleep, stuffy nose, sore throat, MC misses my hugs, annoying amount of sick.
This is the first cold/flu I've had in two years.
(Yes, hand sanitizer is my friend.)
But it seems that everyone where I spend 9-5 is sick and so despite my best efforts I've caught it.
And it's funny because until you're sick you don't realize how great your life is when your throat doesn't feel like it's going to swell shut and you can taste that chicken noodle soup you're force-feeding yourself.
God, I miss it. I miss my health SO MUCH.
It's been six days and if I'm not better in ten than a visit to the doc. will be in order. Thing is since I never get sick my body can't handle antibiotics At. All. So I'm trying to get by with hot tea and lots of naps and prayers. I know it's a minor illness but if God can hear me. I get it. I am the luckiest girl in all the land. If I can get better by Friday I promise to cut down on the complaining. I swear.
1 comment:
It's the gift that keeps on giving...thanks for sharing. Seriously though -- nothing makes you realize how you take your health for granted, until you get sick and each day brings a new and more disgusting symptom. On the up side? We won't be sick for Christmas, right???
Post a Comment