I shared the info with friends and MC and I got heavy into discussions about a move home should the lay-off occur.
It's hard for me to believe that that was nearly a year ago.
If you had asked me last year where I thought I'd be in a year I think I would have given you a much more exciting answer than what the reality has turned out to be.
I thought the lay-off would provide this much needed adventure for me. But turns out it's been a rough, rough year. Full of self-doubt, regrets, yelling, high blood pressure and night sweats.
Of course if I really think about it (thanks therapist for making me really think about things) the positives of the last year far outweigh the negatives ... most days.
And since we are oh-so-close to Thanksgiving (and the biggest bar night of the year, which is actually my favorite night EVER)
I'll admit that if nothing else it has been an adventure. Here are some things that I can smile about:
I'll admit that if nothing else it has been an adventure. Here are some things that I can smile about:
• This year when MC and I put up our Christmas tree we'll get to leave it up since thank you dear Jesus we won't be moving the day after Christmas.
• We are healthy and getting even healthier by the minute thanks to our new workout regiment.
• We are in love. (Despite my yelling) MC is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I couldn't have done this year and survived (me and the relationship) with anyone else.
• We will spend Thanksgiving with much loved friends and family. (And can I just say I do have the best friends and family. Ever. On. The. Entire. Earth)
• There are possibilities. Just as I knew nothing about the coming year last year, the same is true this year. What I do know, though, is that if things go the way we are planning for them to go, next year at this time could be the happiest Thanksgiving ever. Then again what good are plans. If nothing else this year will be an adventure, hopefully one we can smile about.
No comments:
Post a Comment