I know, four seems like a little number, doesn't it?
Four seems especially little when I consider how much we have gone through in those four Valentine's Days.
Four seems little when I think about how much I love him.
It doesn't seem like enough time for someone to have built up the feelings I feel for him, because really, it's more than love — It's something bigger and better. It's something that should have taken more than four years to happen but it didn't. It's something that, sometimes, leaves me wondering how much bigger and better it can get. It's something that scares me a little.
Like the ones before, it was a Valentine's Day filled with flowers and expensive meals and chocolates and gifts.
It was filled with conversation and laughter and love.
But because nothing is perfect, it was a Valentine's Day that came with some bitter sweet news.
It was filled with conversation and laughter and love.
But because nothing is perfect, it was a Valentine's Day that came with some bitter sweet news.
The thing is — what MC and I have, that thing that's bigger than love, well, it means, that when bitter sweet news leaves me covered in tears, he is there to comfort me and carry me to bed and kiss me and remind me that what we have — it's bigger and better than any bad thing that happens to us. It's bigger and better than the negative thoughts in my mind. It's bigger and better than it should be for only being four years old.
And that's okay. Because it's ours. And we are each others.
Hope your Valentine's Day was filled with things bigger and better than they should be.
1 comment:
Happy Valentines Day!
Post a Comment