Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I need a hair cut that says "Hey, I'll take a Miller Lite."

I’m one of those people who really thought when Brad and Jen (not the friends I watch hockey with but the Brad and Jen) got married that they’d make it.

I’m not even a true romantic, actually I kinda hate love, but there was something about them I just thought clicked, I think they go together way better than Brad and Angie, but hey, what do I know.

Well, I remember reading an interview with Brad shortly after the two were married where he talked about how he hoped she would never cut her hair off because a lot of women cut their hair after they get married.

I remember thinking right then and there that I would NEVER get married and chop my hair off. If Brad Pitt doesn’t like girls with short hair than either would the guy I marry because after all, he was gonna be just like Brad Pitt.

And while MC is far more Stiffler than Pitt he definitely has a movie star quality about him that makes it that much easier to pick his dirty socks up off the bedroom floor for the 100th time…

Anyway keeping my hair long hasn’t been hard thus far given that my mother-in-law cuts my hair with MC closely watching and making sure it doesn’t get too short.

Also after January MC and I decided that he was gonna grow his hair out and so to not make him feel self conscious I just let mine go as well.

And then he just couldn’t take it anymore and got a hair cut on Thursday. Check him out!


And then I just couldn’t take it anymore and got a hair cut on Monday but not from my mother-in-law.

And turns out the woman who cut it thought three inches meant six and, well, now I’m the bride who got married and chopped all her hair off.

I know, it’s just hair and it will grow back and honestly everyone who has seen it likes it. I just had this thought that it made me look old but I think what it really does is make me look married.

As long as I’ve been able to hang on to my locks they’ve given me a sense of youth and a bohemian-ish kinda look that said “hey world, I’m so young and footloose and fancy free I don’t even cut my hair and hey I might be married, I might not who cares, anyway man.”

Now my hair says "I’m sensible, I’m married and I get dinner on the table by 7 p.m. every night (which I don’t)."

So until it grows back I’ve taken to not straightening it in an attempt to look a little more crazy but in a good way.

What do ya think?

(oh also I love the color so you don't have to talk me off a ledge on that one)

5 comments:

Heidi Renée said...

I don't think that looks mom-ish at all. I like it! I'm trying to grow mine out. I've given up on the style I was attempting because no matter what I do, the back looks like I styled it with a weed whacker.

David Stock said...

Your hair looks great, and I agree with Heidi you do not look like a mom at all. Would you like a Miller Lite? ;-)

Unknown said...

1. Celebrities NEVER stay married. Brad and Jen were doomed from the moment they said "I do". But I can't stand Angie, so I would have liked for it to work out with Jen.

2. Your hair looks fantastic! It's way too long to be an old lady haircut. I bet it looks a lot longer if you straighten it...but I think it looks good with the wave. I can't wait to see it in person!

3. I like Matt better than Brad and Stiffler both.

Becky said...

Em, I'm lovin the hair and the wave. I don't think I've ever seen you with hair that short. Matt looks good too!

Kim said...

I think it looks cute! You don't look like a mom or a Miller Lite drinker. I'd say a Bell's drinker or some other microbrew.