The truth is … very few people. Yet there are like, what? A million trillion blogs out there?
And most of them? Yeah, they aren’t that great, further proving that the average blog, is just that — average.
Is mine?
I'd like to think it's above average, but it's hard to measure that in the blog world. I don't make a living writing it (although it's earned me the best $97 I’ve ever earned!) but still I'd like to think I have a little following out there. But I want more. And that? Yeah, it's gonna take work.
What started as an “I was laid off” blog became a few other things before it became what it is today — just a plain, old blog where the author posts very infrequently … which makes my blog even less important than it started off being.
So, what am I say here? It’s like I’m breaking up with my boyfriend, this is getting awkward … I guess what I want to say is “It’s not you, it’s me.”
While I’m one of the million trillion bloggers out there, I can without a doubt say, I am one of those bloggers who NEEDS a blog.
As an aspiring author, developing PR guru, crazily creative, drama queen, I need a blog. I’ve got so much to say and so much to SELL and let me tell you I. am. The. Complete. Package.
But the way I’m selling all of that now? Yeah, it’s now working. So for now. I'm (gasp) taking a break.
You see, I didn’t talk until I was like 3 years old. Obviously my parents were worried, but then one day (at least according to my mom) I woke up and started talking in complete sentences. My guess is I requested a California roll, a Miller Lite, my own credit card and a trip to the beach, but I can't quite be sure.
This bit of personal history wasn't just for fun, it helps me explain this break I'll be taking. You see, I don't want to blog for the time being until I can blog in full sentences. i.e. I want a blog that's ALL ME ALL THE TIME (OMG don't you love it). I wan a URL, I want photos, I want a real, live lay out, I. Want. It. All.
Some would say that since I'm a writer the content will speak for itself. And to those people I say " you are so right." But the thing is I'm no longer just a writer. I've entered this whole new world (Aladdin reference anyone?) where suddenly it clicks why all of those things that aren't words really matter. Sure, part of the reason I'll get a book deal is thanks to my way with words, but I'll also get a deal because I'll be able to prove to the publisher that I'm an easy sell by showing them how much work I've already put into marketing myself.
(Okay, deep breath now) Does that make sense? I promise it makes sense to me.
Anyway, luckily for me I've got this awesome group of people in the know who believe in me and are willing to help me make this happen (all while I pay them in home cooked meals and vodka).
So, be on the look out in 2011. BIG things for Emily Caswell (and whatever it is I decide to name my new blog).
Thanks for caring, reading and waiting ...

4 comments:
Well... good luck in all you do and I look forward to finding your new blog when you get it started :) Happy holidays!
Close ... I think it was a Tia Maria instead of a Miller Lite.
Some people blog to be heard - others to feel good about themselves -- other just because they are bored -- others... well, there are a million reasons. Just read the ones you like and skip those you dont like.
proNewport Cigarettes
Cheap Newport Cigarettes
Post a Comment